Beltline’s services have grown drastically over the past 50 years and so have our staffing needs. We offer great opportunities for Electrical and Mechanical Professionals to move ahead with an established, expanding, and positive company. Ideal candidates will possess the ability to effectively lead, motivate, and communicate with others while upholding our standard of safety on all projects.
SENIOR ESTIMATOR – PADUCAH, KY
The Senior Electrical Estimator is responsible for reading and understanding all bid documents received once assigned a project by the Divisional V.P., developing a division of responsibilities, and keeping the estimating process organized throughout its entirety. Gathering details and compiling data to estimate all production costs according to specifications and conditions of the project. Consider raw materials, labor, equipment, tools, labor, and transportation for estimations. Determine necessary resources for projects based on cost estimates and budgetary constraints, as well as the geographical region in which the project is to be executed. Assist the Project Management team in determining what type of labor market the project will be executed in. The Senior Estimator will also assist in the forecasting of projects on a periodic basis.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform accurate quantity takeoffs for capital projects in the power generation, automotive, natural gas, industrial gas, pulp, metal manufacturing and petro chemical industries. Commercial experience is a plus.
- Calculates detailed cost estimates for labor, materials, construction equipment, subcontracted work, and other construction related costs for project bidding purposes.
- Establish a baseline of required commodities and other resources in order to accurately track projects for progress and performance.
- Coordinate the total estimating effort with all members of the team, both pre-construction, and execution.
- Interface with the owner, architects, engineers, V.P.s, project managers, and other contractors.
- Analyze job specifications to ensure all required information for calculating cost is included.
- Secure quotations from outside vendors on jobs that cannot be produced in-house; award bids to outside design, print and distribution companies as necessary based on the time required, price and quality of work.
- Ensure inventory is reserved for guaranteed jobs.
- Analyze results of job cost studies to determine the accuracy of estimating standards; report variances to project manager; assist in compiling cost data for job cost system; assist in establishing and revising production standards.
- Assist in computerizing estimating and other related systems.
- Prepare reports and analyses setting forth progress, adverse trends, and appropriate recommendations or conclusions.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- Senior Estimator may also prepare estimates for other divisions as well
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as Sr. Electrical Estimator.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Proficient in Accubid estimating software.
- Ability to read and accurately interpret plans and specifications.
- Public works and industrial experience.
- Labor factor analysis and modification.
- Working knowledge of NECA labor factors.
Please send your resume, salary requirements, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org
GET IN TOUCH
For the opportunity to work in a challenging, rewarding, and career minded environment, please contact us to schedule an interview.